Thursday, 10 November 2016

Here is a little video I made to show the samples I made for Sheena Douglass's Country Cottage Perfect Partners. I used Windows Movie Maker software which is old and a bit clunky but free.
This was my first foray into flower making using dies and they are fun to do.
Thanks for popping by xx

An Inky Snowflake card - for Inkettes Thursday 10/11/16

What makes an Inkoid happy? Lots of ink and Sheena stamps.
Today I played with Sheena's Ornate Snowflake set from the A Little Bit Scenic range.

I started off with a piece of  Sheena card cut to 5" x 5" and another long bit for the sentiment which I picked one from Sheena's A Little Bit Festive, Country Christmas set as it was a better size for my card design.

I stamped and heat embossed the different size snowflakes on the card using versamark ink and clear embossing powder, stamping off the edge in places. It's a bit difficult to see the snowflakes at the moment.

So let's get inking - I chose a couple of Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry and our old favourite Chipped Sapphire for edging later on.

My favourite ink applicator is the round Ranger wooden one with the removable foam pads. It's better to start off the page on a slippy craft mat or glass mat before hitting your card, this stops you getting big round circles of ink. Try to leave a few gaps so you can get all your colours on.

It's fun to blend the colours into each other, Distress inks are perfect for this and play very nicely with Sheena card.
Once you have enough ink on the card it is time to add a bit of texture by spritzing water and taking it off with kitchen towel.

I added some glitz by splodging some of the clear Spectrum Sparkle pen onto my craft mat and sponging it over the card.

The photo doesn't really show the bling, but it is there honest :).

I also inked an extra bit of card for the sentiment and stamped and heat embossed this with white detail embossing powder. I used a white gel pen to fill in a bit of the M which was a bit faint.

The next step is to cut up the square card into 4 equal sections and darken all of the edges using Chipped Sapphire distress ink.

 I matted and layered each of the pieces onto black paper and silver mirri and glued them onto a 7x7 black card blank.

I'm reasonably happy with this design but maybe it needs a little something else. So I stamped some more snowflakes with versamark ink and white embossing powder on heat resistant acetate and cut them out. As usual the final faffing around takes longer than any other stage so waited until hubby came home from his council meeting before gluing any of these extras on.
I'll wait until tomorrow before taking another pic, hopefully the sparkle will show up.

Here's the final pic - hope you like it and thanks for dropping by xx